I completed the National Board certification process during the 2008-2009 school year. I was extremely excited to certify after my first attempt. I have had the opportunity to help a few people through the process and thought my blog would be a great platform to use to give tips and suggestions to school counseling candidates for NBPTS. I will add a link to each blog post I write on this page. Although I have a “game plan,” your input is welcome. Please contact me with any areas you’d like me to address in these posts.
- National Boards: Start Planning Now!
- National Boards: Begin With the End in Mind
- National Boards: Connecting Entries to Standards
- National Boards: Documented Accomplishments
- National Boards: Part 2- Documented Accomplishments
- National Boards: 5 “Must-Do’s” for Entry 4
- National Boards: Organization is Key!
- National Boards: Planning for Entry 1
- National Boards: Pointers for Videos
- National Boards: Entry 2- Exploring Career Development
- National Boards: Understanding Entry 3
- National Boards: Assessment Center
Important Note: I am unable to read your individual NBPTS entries. As much as I would love to help, I have received several requests already, and I realized it is not a feasible commitment for me. I am happy to answer questions you may have and give specific advice, but please do not send me your entries to read. I would not want to short change anyone by taking on more than I am feasibly able to handle. I wish everyone success in this process, and I am still here to answer questions you may have.